When can I join the plan?

Permanent employees and Term employees (CSU National Office Component and CEU):Plan participation is compulsory for all permanent employees on the first day they become permanent; and for term employees on the first day they are appointed as term employees.

Temporary employees:

Temporary employees have the option to become a member if in the calendar year immediately preceding enrolment they:

  1. completed at least 700 hours of employment; or
  2. earned at least 35% of the Year’s Maximum Pensionable Earnings (YMPE).

Membership will be effective on January 1st of the year next following the year in which either of the above listed requirements has been met.

Manitoba Temporary employees:

Temporary employees working in Manitoba, are required to join the Plan if they have completed 24 months of employment and, in each of the two calendar years immediately preceding enrollment they earned at least 25% of the Year’s Maximum Pensionable Earnings (YMPE). Membership will be effective on the first day of the month following meeting the requirement.

How is my pension calculated?

Your pension is based on the following formula.

2% x the average pensionable salary x the total credited pensionable service (to a maximum of 35 years)You can use the Pension Estimator to estimate the amount of your pension benefits. The calculator is available on the Pension Estimator tab.

When will I receive my Annual Statement?

Each year, before June 30th, the CEPP’s Administrative Agent, will send you a statement detailing your contributions, pensionable service, pensionable salary and more information related to your pension benefits.

Can I opt out of the CEPP?

No, once enrolled, you must remain a member of the CEPP until termination of employment.

Can I put my children as beneficiaries of my pension even if I have an eligible spouse?

Yes, you may put your children as beneficiaries as long as a spousal waiver is signed by you and your spouse.